Sunday 8 March 2015

"Never, Never, Never Give Up" - www.adiefineart.weebly.com


A Commission in Oils

This commission was a sheer joy to paint. It captures a special moment in my wonderful, talented friend's life, where she is taking great strides across the beach in Australia. The Gold Coast holds sentimental memories for her and she is enjoying her favourite activity. Evie has the strongest resolve and determination I have ever known and the appropriate mantra "never, never, never give up" describes her completely. I enjoyed the challenge of capturing the subtle colours and tonal changes in the sea and the sand and depicting Evie's stride as accurately as possible. I had a few curious onlookers as I drew the message in the sand - accuracy is key and I wanted the message to be subtle and believable. Thanks for the commission Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment