Saturday 12 September 2009

Isola Di S.Pietro

Acrylic on Canvas Board ... 30cm x 40cm ... Unframed ... For Sale

Here is another Venetian scene painted on the quiet island of St Pietro. Apparently, St Pietro Church is the oldest in Venice. A peaceful place surrounded by trees and some greenery.

I loved the front of this rustic facade - one glance and I was hooked. I tried to capture the movement of the water as well as the glorious shadows underneath the wooden jetty. I used a neutral palette for most of the painting and then applied the final highlights and brighter hues on completion. I have really enjoyed working this way and can see once again how beneficial my Florence Academy course has turned out to be.

I still cannot believe how much I am enjoying Acrylic paints. It has proved to be a fantastic outdoor medium. As long as one has a staywet palette, then it's characteristic drying time is manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment