Saturday 12 September 2009

A View from Godstone Green

Acrylic on Canvas ... 50cm x 40cm ... Unframed ... For Sale

Following my trip to Arundel, I decided to join some of the Tandridge Art Society members for a day out at Godstone Green. This village is not too far from where I live, and it has a wonderful green surrounded by big trees and there is a pond which attracts lovely birds. I decided to face the buildings alongside the green as I have a love of architecture. The building featured above used to be the Godstone shop for many, many years and is now a private home.

What a sociable village - I met so many people who gave me snippets of history. Fascinating. Another great day painting outdoors. It was a little chilly at times, but the light quality was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment