Sunday 20 July 2014

Coffee at the V&A

Mixed Media: Watercolour, Acrylic Inks, Gouache and Oil Pastel on Canson Board.
Size: 67cm (w) x 48cm (h)

I have really tried to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. After painting my view of Sarlat on a lighter background, which you will see in July posts, I decided to experiment with a really dark background. The results were very interesting and I was encouraged to explore a good range of tints and keep some of the mid tones in tact for added drama. I absolutely love the decorative features in this room ... they certainly kept me busy for many a happy hour. I had to take a few risks with my oil pastels but it was worth it. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw this picture and your article in the current Leisure Painter - really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Sonia. Very humbling to hear that people have gotten so much for this painting. I loved the whole process of putting it together.

    ReplyDelete