Saturday 21 February 2015

The Preview Evening at the Mall Galleries





The Preview on the 6th January 2015 - Artist of the Year 2014

I would like to say a big 'THANK YOU" to all of you who went to the Mall Galleries to support this exhibition. I was totally unprepared for the phone call from Art and Illustrators which informed me that one of my paintings had been selected. My inspiration had come about due to an interesting combination given to me by the editor for Leisure Painter. I do love intricate interior spaces so I was dying to try something new with my V&A photographs. The process was fascinating and I remember being rooted in front of my canvas for a number of works solving one layer at a time. The feedback from various people stepping into the studio encouraged me to enter it. I am so glad I did! 

The preview evening was great fun and the vibe upbeat. We were allowed to take a couple of guests, so my sister Gaenor and long time friend Diane, accompanied me to the gathering. Meeting other artists was, and will always be, a treat: learning about their backgrounds and interests and what inspires them is wonderful. We are all working extremely hard to achieve our goals.    

No comments:

Post a Comment