Friday 17 July 2009

Hurst Green Primary School - 50th Anniversary


I have justed handed in the watercolour painting of Hurst Green Primary School for their 50th Anniversary. It was a challenging subject and it took a number of studies to get the best view of the school. I really enjoyed working with the staff and the vibe was colourful and energetic. I also took part in the school's art appreciation day on Monday and had to stand in front of the 6-7 year olds and give them a painting lesson. (Certainly more nerve wracking than teaching my classes). It has obviously been a while since I was that age and I had visions of confusing these dear children with loads of drivel. But fun was had by all and I ended up painting a shark and seahorse on my canvas. The children then helped me 'finish' the painting by selecting their favourite colours from my palette and decorating the canvas with fish, starfish, bubbles and seaweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment