Saturday 12 September 2009

Piazza San Marco

Acrylic on Canvas Board ... 41cm x 31cm ... Unframed ... For Sale

I am really thrilled with this painting. I managed to get to San Marco's Square by 6h30am and paint this 'not so' typical view. I have always loved typography and for some reason the posters, which aren't always a welcome feature, got my attention. I think the colours and scale of the banners against the smaller telltale arches made sense.

Whilst I was painting in the square, an English tourist passed me and admitted that she could not understand how I could be painting something so boring, but was pleasantly surprised and inspired by the end result on her return. Wasn't that nice to hear? So, if something gets those butterflies going, then paint it. A change from the norm can be refreshing.

By 9h30 the tourists arrived and it was time to clear out to quieter spots. Very rewarding indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment