Sunday 20 July 2014

Mistaken Identity

 

Mixed Media: watercolour, acrylic inks and oil pastel. 
Size: 67cm (w) x 48cm (h)

Imagine my delight when I saw the guinea fowl living with the hens and cockerels on the corner plot! They are so reminiscent of South Africa and I have always wanted to explore them as subjects. They have mask-like faces and strange bodies with all those wonderful spots. I have been experimenting with mixed media over the past few months and I wanted to try out the canson pastel board for a second time. Again, I combined watercolour, acrylic inks and a lot of oil pastel before I was happy with it. I must have been influenced by the audio book "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett as they look like two armies facing each other. Again, the fight is over an egg. One has to be silly sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment